In the interests of maintaining reasonable standards and understanding modern requirements, Lutterworth Golf Club would request that Members, Guests and Visitors respect the following Dress Code. It is the responsibility of all members to ensure that the Dress Code is complied with.
On The Course
A good standard of golfing dress must be adhered to on the Golf Course.
- Recognised Golf Shoes (Soft-spikes preferred) must be worn.
- Trousers, Shorts, Skirts must be of the tailored variety (NO Denim Jeans, Cargo Pants, Combat Trousers, Sports Shorts, Swimming Shorts or Cut-offs).
- Shorts and Skirts must be worn with sports socks which should be predominantly one colour (ideally white).
- Recognised Golf Shirts or Shirts with collars (NO Football, Rugby or Shirts with indiscreet slogans or logos) must be worn. Shirts should be worn inside Trousers Skirts or Shorts, however, recognised Golf Shirts can be worn outside of these when they are designed to do so.
- Golf Caps and Headwear may only be worn with the peak to the front, and must be removed before entering the Clubhouse.
In The Clubhouse
A good standard of Smart Casual dress must be worn in the Clubhouse at ALL times with Smart Denim also being permitted.
- Modern Casual Shoes are permitted including Sandals, Loafers, Deck Shoes and smart Trainers (NO Flip-flops). Men are also requested to wear socks (but this is not compulsory).
- Smart Shirts designed to be worn outside Trousers, Shorts and Skirts are permitted.
- All clothing, including Denim, must be clean and not faded, torn or soiled.
- Clean Golf Shoes with soft spikes may be worn in the “Spike Bar” ONLY (Left hand side of the bar up to the Captains Bell).
- Please note that Footwear must be worn in the Clubhouse at all times and walking around in socks or bare feet is NOT permitted.
- Team captains should advise team members and visiting team captains of post match dress requirements.
The following items are NOT acceptable on the Golf Course or in the Clubhouse:
- Tracksuits or Shellsuits
- Beach, Swimming or Other Sports Shorts
- Rugby/Football Shirts or Shorts
- Combat and Camouflage Trousers
On occasions the committee will relax the clubhouse dress code for specific functions.
Mobile telephones should be switched off whilst on the course. When in the clubhouse, telephones should be set to silent and any necessary calls should be made in the Foyer.
This policy was last updated on 19th September 2018