Coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak
This policy was last updated on 20th March 2020
As advice from the Government and others including the PGA continues to evolve, we are putting into place a series of measures aimed at enabling our members and visitors to continue to play golf and our Club staff to support you in a safe environment.
The current restrictions do not prevent golf competitions or casual games taking place. Golfers should however take appropriate steps to make sure that they minimise the risk of infection from the COVID-19 virus.
Anyone suffering from or showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus must self-isolate and stay away from the Golf Club. The length of time spent in self-isolation should be in line with Government recommendations. Useful sources of information can be found at the bottom of this page.
General and Competition Play
For general play the following have either been introduced or should be implemented by the player:
- Prior to play and on the course players should maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres between themselves and playing partners or other golfers. Take particular care to adhere to this on teeing grounds and greens.
- Changing shoes in the car park is both allowed and encouraged.
- Golfers should not touch the flagstick which should remain in the hole at all times.
- Rakes have been removed from the course. Please level bunkers visited with your foot.
- Buggies should be for solo use only.
- Common courtesies – handshakes and embraces in accordance with the accepted etiquette of the game – are to be avoided.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- The airline for cleaning shoes has been closed.
- The ball cleaners have been taken out of use.
- Please be mindful of hygiene and ensure your hands are washed and you have hand sanitisation in your bag.
- Do not share any equipment such as clubs or rangefinders.
In addition to the above, member tee time booking will be introduced as a temporary measure. This is to avoid multiple players congregating on the 1st tee, putting green and or Pro Shop areas at busy times. You can book your tee time though the IG app or by logging into the Members area of the website and go to My Golf > Book Tee Time.
For competition play the following additional items should be noted:
- Cash transactions should be avoided and card payments are encouraged. The Pro will for the time being take your competition entry by card payment.
- Use of the self-entry scorecard terminal in the Clubhouse has been suspended. Scorecards should instead be put in the competition box situated outside the Pro shop.
- Where competition parameters allow (generally singles competitions) the remote score facility on IG will be enabled and it would be appreciated if you enter your personal score on your phone or other device prior to placing the card in the box.
- The format of certain competitions may change from that published in the diary. The Tony Rogers Memorial Trophy scheduled for Saturday 21st will now be a 4 ball AM-AM rather than the published Texas Scramble.
- All of the items applicable to general play apply equally to competition play.
- The Clubhouse will remain open at present but will with immediate effect the Halfway House will be closed to reduce the number of potential contact areas. The toilet adjacent to the Halfway House will continue to be available.
- As of Saturday 21st March food available from the clubhouse will be; pre made cobs, sandwiches, soup and coffee in disposable cups.
- The hours of bar service will be kept under review and we may need to provide a restricted bar and food service while still keeping the course open for play.
- Spacing between tables has been increased and condiments, cutlery and sauces have been removed from the tables; these are available on request.
- Members are asked where possible to top up their Loyalty Cards electronically via the members section of the Club Website, rather than by cash.
- We will endeavour to continue to keep the office open for at least part of each weekday, however please communicate with the Office staff wherever possible by phone, IG or E-Mail to minimise the level of personal contact.
- While Locker Rooms will remain open to allow members to access their individual lockers, members are encouraged to change their shoes in the car park where possible. Normal restrictions on golf shoes in the Clubhouse will be waived to enable members to collect take away food and drinks.
- The vast majority of live sport, including professional golf, is currently cancelled, so the Sky TV service in the Clubhouse has been suspended.
We fully recognise the need to adhere to the expert advice available and as such we would point you to the guidelines set out in detail by Public Health England via their website
Details on how best to cope with the virus can also be found via the World Health Organisation website https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 which will provide rolling updates and the best ways to mitigate against the spread of the infection.
NHS England also provide updated and expert advice via their website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Lutterworth Golf Club will continue to monitor the advice and guidance issued by these expert authorities in relation to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will issue further advice and updates as appropriate.
We recognise that these restrictions will impact how we all use the Club in the short term but the health of our members, staff and visitors is of paramount importance and we ask you to follow and respect this guidance so that we can all still enjoy our golf.
Thank you for your tolerance and support.
Chair of the Management Board