Coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak
As advice from the Government and others including the PGA and England Golf continues to evolve, we have put into place a series of measures aimed at allowing golf to continue and our Club staff to support you in a safe environment.
The current restrictions do not prevent golf competitions or casual games taking place. Golfers should however take appropriate steps to make sure that they minimise the risk of infection from the COVID-19 virus.
Anyone suffering from or showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus must self-isolate and stay away from the Golf Club. The length of time spent in self-isolation should be in line with Government recommendations. Useful sources of information can be found at the bottom of this page.
General and Competition Play
For general play the following have either been introduced or should be implemented by the player:
- Changing shoes in the car park is both allowed and encouraged.
- Buggies can be used by playing partners and the use of hand sanitiser is encouraged.
- Common courtesies – handshakes and embraces in accordance with the accepted etiquette of the game – are to be avoided.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Please be mindful of hygiene and ensure your hands are washed and you have hand sanitisation in your bag.
In addition to the above, member tee time booking is mandatory. This is to avoid multiple players congregating on the 1st tee, putting green and or Pro Shop areas at busy times. You can book your tee time though the IG app or by logging into the Members area of the website and go to My Golf > Book Tee Time. Please ensure that ALL players names are added to the tee booking before play.
For competition play the following additional items should be noted:
- Cash transactions should be avoided and card payments are encouraged.
- Where competition parameters allow (generally singles competitions) the remote score facility on IG will be enabled and it would be appreciated if you enter your personal score on your phone or other device prior to placing the card in the box.
- All of the items applicable to general play apply equally to competition play.
- The toilet adjacent to the Halfway House will continue to be available.
- Members are asked where possible to top up their Loyalty Cards electronically via the members section of the Club Website, rather than by cash.
- Office staff are available during the week, Monday to Friday, 09:30 to 16:30. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07904 680150 or 07943 171605.
We fully recognise the need to adhere to the expert advice available and as such we would point you to the guidelines set out in detail by Public Health England via their website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
Details on how best to cope with the virus can also be found via the World Health Organisation website https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 which will provide rolling updates and the best ways to mitigate against the spread of the infection.
NHS England also provide updated and expert advice via their website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Lutterworth Golf Club will continue to monitor the advice and guidance issued by these expert authorities in relation to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will issue further advice and updates as appropriate.
We recognise that these restrictions will impact how we all use the Club in the short term but the health of our members, staff and visitors is of paramount importance and we ask you to follow and respect this guidance so that we can all still enjoy our golf.